Community scavenger hunts
We are excited to host Your Time to Shine Community Scavenger Hunts for Wood Buffalo residents from March 6-12, 2021.
The Urban Service Area (Fort McMurray) event will include puzzles to solve at seven different 2022 AWG venue locations across the community, which will lead to a final clue to decode. Similar community scavenger hunts will also be held in Fort Chipewyan, Fort McKay, Saprae Creek, Anzac, Janvier and Conklin.
The Scavenger hunt games were designed with the support of local business, Mr. E’s Solve It Torium YMM.
Fort McMurray Scavenger Hunt
The Urban Service Area – Your Time to Shine Community Scavenger Hunt is a free event and can be completed any time between March 6-12, 2021.
- Participants must register below before they begin. The first 100 registrants will receive a gift bag. One gift bag will be provided per registration.
- The scavenger hunt will take around two hours to complete
- All completed entries will be eligible to win one of three prize baskets which includes:
– One grand prize basket with AirPods and official Games merchandise.
– Two prize baskets with cellphone photo printers and official Games’ merchandise.
- Stay tuned to our social media throughout the scavenger hunt week for bonus entry opportunities!
Rural Scavenger Hunt
are free events coordinated through local volunteers in each community from March 6-12, 2021, event dates may vary.
- Registration can be completed through the designated community volunteer whose contact information can be found below.
- The first 25 people to register per rural hamlet will receive a gift bag. One gift bag will be provided per registration.
- All completed entries will be eligible to win one grand prize basket per rural hamlet which includes a pair of show shoes, Games merchandise, snacks and winter supply bundle.
- Anzac – Amber McIntosh Wilson, executive.Assistant@willowlaketinytots.com
- Fort McKay – Thembie Nyathi, Tnyathi@fortmckaymetis.com
- Fort Chipewyan – Tamera Ellingson, Tamera.Ellingson@rmwb.ca
- Janvier – Justin Herman, email@example.com
- Conklin – Gwen Letendre, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saprae Creek – Sheila Lalonde, email@example.com
- Only people from the same household can be in one vehicle during the hunt.
- You must stay in the car at all times and facilities are not open for public bathroom.
- Clues are designed so participants can stay in their vehicle for the duration of the hunt.
- Scavenger hunt parking signs will be placed at each location to confirm you are in the correct area.